Why Vaccinate my Pet?
Vaccines are an excellent way to keep your pet healthy. Some vaccines prevent Guam's common infectious diseases, others protect against dangers present in a tropical island lifestyle. Leptospirosis, Distemper, Bordetella, Parainfluenza and Parvovirus can debilitate your dog and shorten their life. Parvovirus kills hundreds of young puppies on Guam every year. Learn more about Parvovirus here.
We also encourage you to vaccinate your cat against the common viruses, "Rhino," "Calici," "Distemper" and "Chlamydia." These viruses frequently result in pneumonia, blindness, deformities, teeth/gum problems and other health issues.
Bringing your pet to Wise Owl Animal Hospital for regular wellness visits is part of your pet's overall wellness care program. Vaccines, parasite prevention, and dental care are all important aspects of your pet's overall health plan. Our goal at Wise Owl Animal Hospital is to provide your companion pet with the maximum protection available.
We Recommend the Following Vaccines:
Puppies & Kittens
- Core puppy vaccines: DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus and Parainfluenza) or DHLPP (DHPP plus Leptospirosis), Rabies
- Core kitten vaccines: DRC (Distemper, Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus), Rabies
- Non-core puppy vaccines: Bordetella, Rabies
- Non-core kitten vaccines: Leukemia, Rabies
*Others as required for travel see here
Adult Dogs & Cats
- Core adult dog vaccines: DHLPP
- Core adult cat vaccines: DRC
- Non-core adult dog vaccines: Bordetella, Rabies
- Non-core adult cat vaccines: Feline Leukemia, Rabies
If you would like to schedule an appointment to get your pet up-to-date on vaccinations,
please give us a call at (671) 646-2273.