Besides being on a tropical island surrounded by warm weather, beautiful beaches, friendly locals, and a fun staff, Wise Owl Animal Hospital provides generous benefits to our veterinary employees. When traveling half way around the world, little things like having a car, phone, and temporary housing make accepting a job less stressful. All this while knowing that you can return home once a year (for associates) with the airfare already paid.
Wise Owl Animal Hospital recognizes that we all want to get paid well for what we do and makes every effort to take care of our employees. Some of the best things in life do not have a monetary value. However, we have tallied these (for associate veterinarians) at $30,000 - $40,000 per year.
Below you will find a list of the benefits we provide:
Benefits for Both Relief & AssociateVets
- Competitive salary paid every 2 weeks
- All licenses and registration fees for Guam requirements
- Company car (not shared) - including insurance
- Company computer
- Company smart phone (iPhone 6 or newer)
- Your airfare to Guam
- Your airfare from Guam to a location of your choice after completion of the contract
- Housing (relief vets for length of contract, associates for first 3 months) at company expense
- Employee pet care discount
- Outer/remote island work if desired
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity for further compensation through voluntary emergency commission at 50% of collected fees.
Benefits for Associate Vets Only
- Group health care for employee and spouse
- Malpractice Insurance
- Retirement plan
- Dues for AVMA
- Dues for one (1) other organization of your choice
- Dues for up to two (2) veterinary journals
- Relocation allowance of $5,000
- Airfare to Guam for your spouse/significant other. Other family members by separate agreement.
- Annual round-trip airfare for your spouse/significant other from Guam to States or other location of your choice.
- Return airfare from Guam for your spouse/significant other after completion of the contract. Other family members by separate agreement.
- $2,000 per year CE allowance
- Sick leave and vacation pay
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Transport, quarantine fees, and other associated fees to bring a specified number of personal pets to Guam